One of my favorite links to look at every fall is the Beloit College Mindset List. Each year, the authors attempt to capture what makes the incoming class unique and some of the signature generational divisions we may confront as their older teachers/ mentors. Some of my favorites from this year’s list:
3. The Green Giant has always been Shrek, not the big guy picking vegetables.
13. The KGB has never officially existed.
52. They have never been Saved by the Bell
53. Someone has always been asking “Was Iraq worth a war” [remember most were born in 1991, time of the First Gulf War]
68. Official racial classifications in South Africa have always been outlawed.
Perusing through previous years’ lists can make you even feel more out of touch with the new generation!